I have been supporting AKT’s in-house Bioclimate Team, and helping them develop a digital Bioclimate Toolkit, for the past 3-4 years.
This Toolkit enables rapid and highly detailed analysis of Wind Speed, Pedestrian Comfort, Pollution Analysis, and many other related studies.
For more about this Toolkit, see the AKT Bioclimate webpage.
This Toolkit has been successfully utilised on dozens of projects across London, the UK, and beyond. It has been critical in testing and improving bioclimatic conditions around both individual buildings and complex urban environments, and helping to secure planning approval.
Some of the projects the AKT Bioclimate Toolkit has been used on:
- 81 Newgate Street (London)
- 2150 Lake Shore (Toronto)
- 60 Aldgate (London)
- 30 Grosvenor Square (London)
- 2x projects in the UCL East masterplan (London)
- Several projects in the Brent Cross (London)