This project opened in July 2019, on Greenwich Peninsula, London. More information here.
I worked alongside the design and computation team within Diller Scofidio + Renfro and Neiheiser Argyros, as we jointly developed parametric geometric models that defined the forms of the elevated walkway ‘Islands’ and Bridges.
In parallel, I also created a series of synchronised parametric engineering models, that helped our team within AKT II to carry out structural analysis and optimisation studies.
Here’s a brief overview of the work AKT II carried out:
Project Status: Built in 2019
Project Role: Computational Designer at AKT II
· I co-authored a paper on this project for the publication Fabricate 2020: Making Resilient Architecture (2020 – UCL Press), called “The Tide [Phase 1]: Greenwich Peninsula, London“.
· Read the paper online (for free) at the UCL publication website here.
· There are other photos and details from the specialist steelwork contractor Cimolai here.
· See the great set of photographs taken by contractors JP Dunn here.
· A nice overview of the project’s advanced use of prefabrication and digital modelling is in this Building magazine article (behind a paywall though!).